Sunday, February 8, 2009

This is a first...

My first tentative steps into blogging country...
Over the past 2-3 weeks I have read a lot of blogs and have found some truly inspiring. So I have decided to take the plunge and start one myself. If you can bear with me I will ramble about anything that interests me and will use this as an update on my business plans as well.

I like a lot of things, but am at my happiest when I am crafting. As in four weeks time I will lose my job, as so many others seem to do at the moment, that has galvanised my into some thinking. Instead of dreaming about it for a lot more years, this seems to be the moment to spring into action and seriously try to set up a small business. I will try to sell things over the internet first, and am currently learning how to do that.

I had a good weekend this weekend. It was my birthday last Friday and I went to Rotterdam with my mother to an art show. We had a lovely lunch in the museum restaurant, it was a toasted sandwich, but very nicely presented, these little trips can be really inspiring. That is something that you will learn about me in due course... I love to cook and eat.
I also discovered a gorgeous little antique shop just up the road from where I live, it sells all sorts of small things, a lot of glass and some really nice Chrismas pins as well. I could not resist, as it was my birthday and bought two and a really lovely glass cruet set. I will post some pictures as soon as I have figured out how.

Thanks for bearing with me so far, I hope that over time my blog might be as inspiring to you as some of yours are to me.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on starting your blog! I'm in the process of starting one myself, so hopefully others out there will help both of us figure all of this stuff out when we get stuck! :)

    Sorry to hear about your job ending, but wish you much success starting your own business.

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to thank you both, Cindy and Ellen, for your lovely comments, I was just so excited getting some response.

    ReplyDelete