Friday, September 4, 2009

Something is coming, something good...

Glorious, glorious autumn!
I can not tell you how much I love the onset of autumn. About 10 days the quality of the light changed and ever since them this whole sense of tranquility ( in nature) and expectation (in me) has been apparent.
Bulbs are being planted, which must mean that summer is over...
The trees are starting to get tinged with red and russet...
There is this excitement of new beginnings in the air, it must have something to do with the start of a new school year as a child. I always feel myself drawn to new pens and paper at this time of year, and glue and crafty things. I bought a whole lot of coloured pencils today, simply because I loved the smell of them ( and ok, I admit, they are sparkly ones... how could I resist them).
It has felt particularly autumnal today as there have been some really fierce rain storms. I just love the sound of the rain, it makes me huddle onto the sofa with a book and loads of cups of tea. I have lit my pumpkin spice scented candles for the first time since last winter again and have just spent a happy few hours trawling the internet for Halloween crafts and decorations. I am going to have some fun with those this year.
Also this is the time of year for all the fairs to start again, tomorrow I am going to visit one in the east of Holland with a couple of friends. Really looking forward to that, there will be lots of interesting things there.

Have a cozy, colourful weekend all!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this one Caroline. I love Autumn too. We too have had strong winds and rain - its the tail end of some tropical hurricane I believe. Thew fairs sound interesting. make sure you take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn walks are the best, clean crisp air and warmer, snuggly clothing.
    Your garden is beautiful.
    Enjoy the fair and tell us all about them.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which fair did you visit Caroline? I hope you enjoyed yourself and came home inspired with new ideas. I too adore autumn! It is my favorite season and really perks me up. I am having fun doing a little decorating although I still have to unpack my things. That will have to wait while we have vacation. We are home doing fun day trips or staying at Cranberry Cottage but tomorrow will go to Limburg for a couple of days.

    The colors of autumn are the best and I too love pumpkins and gourds. I was hunting a large enough white pumpkin again this year but no luck. I ended up with a green one for by the front door. What fun bulbs are you planting up?

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    P.S. ~ I am glad someone else has the same illness as me when it comes to willpower against ordering books...lol.

    ReplyDelete