Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sadly, no pictures...

I guess there are too many pictures lurking on my computer for me to download anymore at the moment. I will sort it out one of these days, but till then, this is sadly going to be a quick post without pictures. Not much fun in that, but I hope you will bear with me anyway.
The other day I went to The Hague with my mother, which always makes for a nice day. We went to the Gemeentemuseum and saw some pictures by Lord Leighton, William Holman Hunt and Dante Gabriel Rossetti. There was also a show on about painters of roughly the same period, from the Netherlands. It is really fascinating to see how different those pictures are in feel and subject, from the English ones.
The Hague is lovely in summer, they always have a sculpture exhibition on one of the main streets, this year it was all by a Brazilian sculptur, Javier Marin. I thought they were great, as soon as I can get pictures again, I will post them.
Oh, here is one picture of the bowl I bought at the fleamarket, I was particularly pleased as you never see a lot of Carlton ware around here. For me it has such a 30's feel.
One last thing and I will close this boring post, (just felt I had to post though as I had not written anything for a while), it now definitely looks as if I have got my old job back. Next week I have a week off, but after that I start again... it is just too funny. But... I am glad to be working again!

Enjoy the weekend and do something wonderful!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful news on the job front!
    I would have loved going to that exhibtion too, lucky you.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really glad about your job. I love the bowl. and yes, the bit of Norfolk I went to was very very flat indeed, and full of windmills - just like Holland. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful dish! I can see why you were so pleased to find it. I think your time with your mother in Den Haag sounds wonderful. Congratulations on getting your old job back. May I ask what you do?

    Hugs en groetjes ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geweldig dat je weer werk hebt :)
    Ik hoop dat het je bevalt !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caroline! I stopped in this afternoon and there was no new post but I came back when I saw your comment on my recent post. I just wanted to say hello. I was thinking of you this afternoon when the postbode came to my door and handed me a huge order of books from Amazon. Amazon.de is now doing free orders (no postage and handling) to Holland. I ordered 11 books and cannot wait to start one. I am finishing another book first though.
    It is hard not to open one of these books that is sitting stacked 11 high on my table...lol.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend! We are off to the cottage early tomorrow as DH is 50 and we are celebrating at his favorite restaurant up north with a dinner for two. Enjoy the September colors!

    Hugs en groetjes ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete