Thursday, August 5, 2010

It is all yellow these days...



Which is funny, as I never used to like the colour before, suddenly I have developed a " penchant" for it ( oh yes, my French is coming on in leaps and bounds!).
Hello to my lovely bloggy friends, I know, it has been months and months since you heard from me, but indeed, I am still alive and kicking. I am not going to apologise for not being around for so long. There was nothing the matter with me, it simply was a combination of too much working and not being very inspired. It should all get a bit better in this respect, I might get to bore you from time to time again! I am looking forward to catching up with all of your blogs and leaving the odd comment again! Diane, thank you for your comment on my last post, as ever it made me giggle... I wish is all I can say...
This morning I woke up to these lovelies, aren't they just the ticket? I love their colours, they really exude summer to me.
As I opened my eyes even further I noticed how this scarf actually echoes the colours of the flowers. I loved that, it is actually the background of a self portrait by Paul Gauguin. Which is not half as cheery as the background suggests. A couple of months ago I went to a show of paintings by him in the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam. I really love paintings from that period.
Almost a year ago I knitted myself a pea green cardigan. The first thing I knitted again after about 25 years of a knitting free period. I was pretty proud of it, but nobody seemed to notice. Then suddenly as I started to wear it again early summer people started to comment on it. This even resulted in my first commision ever! I am so pleased with that and am really buoyed up now to get a few more. I really love this colour too, and if it were not for the fact that it is discontinued now, I would knit myself something in it too.
Is it just me, or has the light changed again. Suddenly there is such an early autumnal quality to the light again. It catches me by surprise every year right after this:
which spells truly high summer to me. I am glued to the tele every year for this. This year probably more than ever because of my sudden obsession with everything French. Ah well, we all have our little foibles...
Now off to read all your blogs, have a fabulous evening all!

2 comments:

  1. Het is idd wel heel erg lang geleden dat je er was!!

    Toch die fransman.........


    Fijn weekend!

    Groetjes Thea

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you back! I completely understand about being uninspired. I've been there a few times this year already. Life! I just love your sunflower. I wish I had the means to grow them...they are such happy bright flowers. Congrats on your first commission on your knitting. I have just started to learn to knit. I'm more of a crochet person myself...but I want to be able to knit those big bulky afghans for this winter. :))

    ReplyDelete