Saturday, August 7, 2010

Somebody cure me...



Off my E-bay habit! With the invention of Paypal, or rather my discovery of it, things went downhill fast... I just love browsing E-bay, and started treating it as my personal fleamarket. I can spend hours browsing and unfortunately will always find something that I really, really, really need...
These are a few of my most recent finds. I got really into Alfred Meakin stuff, and as that is something you do not find a lot of here in this country, E-bay came to the rescue. I adored this plate and had to have it, unfortunately it arrived broken, so now I am trawling the net to have another go...
I so loved the doggy teapot too, it really spells a certain era to me...
Carlton ware and what I call Torquay ware is another thing you will not really see here, so I got myself a few bits and pieces...
There is some more Alfred Meakin (the Montmartre pattern, for obvious reasons), a couple of lovely Susie Cooper platters, a Quimper pin dish, and, and, and...
Are you the victim of certain addictions, obsessions or whatever you want to call it? Please tell me I am not the only person who gets this stuck on things.
I have to apologise for the quality of the photos these last few posts, my poor little camera seems to be getting very tired these days. One day it will completely zonk out on me, I am afraid. So I am desperately looking for another one... Maybe there is one on E-bay?
Leaving you with a picture that I think Matisse would love to paint...
Minus all the dross of course, but there is no escaping books etc in my house.
Off now to my domestic goddess part, baking a lovely blueberry cake and making some ice cream ( my newest obsession). Oh, and to do some knitting of course, need to finish the cardi this weekend!
Enjoy a lovely summer weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hurray - your back!!! I love that plate! Normandy was very lovely - i'll tell you all about it over the next few weeks. What are you going to be doing there? The only downside to the area is that it is VAST and it takes ages to get from one place to the next. xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete