Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mushy peas anyone...


Please do not get me wrong, I love mushy peas as much as the next person, but I keep drifting in and out of love with this colour. I wandered into a yarn shop a week or so ago and got completely seduced. They stock all the Rowan yarns, and I simply adore Rowan yarns. I love the colours and to my knowledge it is the loveliest yarn to work with.
I used to knit a lot as a teenager, but that is many moons ago, and have not done much of it since. But I decided there and then that I was going to make this...
It was actually great discovering that knitting apparently is in my blood, it all came back to me immediately and I have not been without my needles for the past 8 days or so. It is nearly finished now, only part of the border to go. If only I was more sure about the colour...
To make myself love it more, I got some shoes in the same hue...
I will show you the finished project when it is done, I am already looking at more projects...Am as addicted to knitting as I am to crochet now!

Enjoy your crafting and the sun!

4 comments:

  1. I luuuurrvvv the colour. Those shoes are fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh Caroline! I see this pretty color over a white tshirt and pants with those cute shoes to match. I must admit I would not dare wear that color as my skin is far too light. Can't wait to see it done. I envy people when I see they can wear such fun colors. And I love mushy peas!

    20 books for the whole summer? That is quite alot. I am trying for 2 books a month but have lately read 3 books in April, May and June. My reading list is growing on my blog. But it also has to do with wanting to place a new order for books and not allowing myself until a good number of other books is read and given to a friend. :-) And guess what I got in the mail today? My free book from Persaphone Books. They gave away one free book with a purchase of two on their 10th birthday.

    Back to your reading...you will have to have lots of cold drinks and your feet up in a shady spot in the garden for the rest of the summer to work through that stack of books. Sounds wonderful to me!

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving a message, it's always nice meeting me people.
    I've had a lovely read of your blog and your Christmas brooches are very pretty.
    I like your reading lsit, the Bloomsbury group fascinate me too. I've read or would like to read a few of the books/authors you've listed.
    I am very jealous of your crochet skill. I tried to learn a couple of months back, but got stuck and frustrated, must have another go.
    Good luck in your job search.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing like a new pair of shoes to have a motivating effect. Good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete