Friday, June 12, 2009

My granny is a giant...





I had a lot of yarn in my stash and as I have been obsessed with crochet for a while now, I decided to start a giant granny. I guess it is going to be a picnic blanket... I will make a few cushions to go with it as well.
As I could not help myself I also bought a few skeins of wool in pretty, pretty colours, I intend to make a blanket with that consisting of lots of little squares, I have started on it, but there is not much of it to show you.
My main obsession these past few weeks however have been these...
I think I mentioned it before, but I am not a girl that does things by halves, and lately my days have looked like this: breakfast, reading, cups of tea, reading, some light housework (never overdo it, reading, tea, reading...oh well, you get my drift.
I have really immersed myself in the era of roughly 1900-1950 of late and have become obsessed with the Bloomsbury Group (again). Imagine my surprise and joy then to find these two lurking amongst the books I already owned...
Such a lot of inspiration and sheer delight I get out of these books, I cannot even begin to tell you.
Look at some of the projects...
And some of the pictures in the book (which are immeasurably better than the pictures I took of them)...
What else have I been doing? Taking a break, I guess we all have these moments where we do not really feel too well in ourselves, it is never very serious, but it can throw you off course slightly.
After a lot of watching Spring Watch (brilliant this year I thought), tennis at Queen's (watching that is)and the Derby at Epsom I feel a lot better again. Which is just as well, as on Monday I have got a very unexpected job interview for a job I would really love, love, love to get.
Wishing you all a very sunny, warm and fulfilling weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Heb een fijn leuk geweldig weekend :)
    Leuke post vandaag !!
    Groetjes......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping my fingers crossed for that job for you. You have reminded me that I have put some books away, and I can't remember whats in there, so I will have to go and have a look. Love your picnic blanket by the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved watching Spring Watch and it is always over far too quickly. I tried to read the titles of your books but could not. Persephone is having a birthday and offering a free book so I am placing an extra order this week. Nothing wrong with your daily schedule! :-) Now the only improvement is that you can use the blanket for a picnic and read outdoors.

    Best of luck with your job interview!!!

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete