Sunday, August 9, 2009

A bit of gratuitous ogling...



But oh so much fun! Do you ever get the feeling that you just need to watch something lovely and romantic? I know I do, and that was certainly my mood this weekend... There are two staples I will always return to, anything with Colin Firth, and Richard Armitage in North and South ( or the Vicar of Dibley, come to think of it). So North and South it was this weekend, and generous spirit that I am, I just felt I had to share some of it with you all.
Well, this meant that I had to spend another (happy) hour or so on finding the best trailer on youtube, it was an awful job, but someone had to do it;). There are actually loads of trailers, so have a look at the other ones if you do not like this one. By the way, do not forget to turn off my playlist at the bottom of my blog, otherwise this will not play... and that would be a waste! If you have never watched this series, go and get it on video. It is a real treat, I promise you, the last scene is one of my favourite moments ever.
Other than that, my weekend was nice but unremarkable. However, on Friday I met up with one of my old friends who I do not see that often and we spend a gorgeously girly afternoon. We went for lunch into town, then did some shopping and later we sat in a cafe and had a couple of glasses of wine. There was loads of chatting and lots of laughter, I love these girly times. We are planning a trip to Paris in November, maybe I should warn the French!

Have a lovely week, I am off to brush up my French!

2 comments:

  1. I remember that series!
    A trip to Paris with your friend is a lovely thing to look forward to.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colin Firth is one of my (many I have to admit!!) favorites. I could have cuddled him to death in Love Actually. I'm off to Paris in October!! Really looking forward to it. xxx

    ReplyDelete