Friday, March 13, 2009

And again... Friday 13th...

We seem to have been blessed this year, two in a row... At least the sun came out for a little bit today, what a difference that makes!

Do not you think that chickens are the most decorative creatures ever? I just love them, someone nearby us has some real ones in the garden, I just love to hear them cluck...

A close-up of the lovely hellebores, they are doing so well this year.

This is actually quite a funny picture, I had intended to snap some of the Gooseberry Patch books I got myself for Christmas last year. I absolutely love them, and even though I am sure I paid way too much for them, in a funny way I am glad I did. There really are a lot of lovely things in them. Anyway, she kept getting in the way... She is a doll my ridiculously talented mother made me quite a few years ago. She loves doing things like this, but unfortunately at the moment cannot find the time to do so. I hope that she will again so though, as apart from being able to make fantastically beautiful dolls, she is an amazing painter too.

As the sun was out I had a little wander around and ended up in my favourite junktique shop. These are the things I could not resist:

The cup is lovely, it has an insert for loose tealeaves, and that even has a little rose painted on it! Another Christmas tree pin for my collection (of course) and a lovely red ( it looks quite a different colour in the picture, but it is red) cut glass thingy. I love glass thingies, so that had to come with me as well.

So, all in all, a really pleasant Friday 13th, hope yours is enjoyable as well.

4 comments:

  1. Het ziet er erg gezellig uit bij jou in de tuin met al die kippen :))))))
    Hier in Roosteren waar ik woon schijnt volop de zon , heerlijk !!
    In de tuin beginnen bij mij de bloemen tevoorschijn te komen, eindelijk :))
    Ik ga dadelijk in de tuin werken,
    dat heb ik zoooooo gemist :))
    Leuk blogje, fijn weekend (@^.^@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I love the flowers you took a picture of. In Maine, I won't see mine till about May or so. My seeds I started.. they're going no where. I don't know what I do wrong. I try not to over water, keep in the sun, and tend to them, Seeds aren't my thing. Have a good weekend.. Oh, and I really like the pin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bij mij op mijn blogje heb ik jou aan de rechterkant staan, met een foto!!
    Normaal als je iets nieuws publiceerd springt dat vanzelf naar boven, zo zien andere volgers dat je iets nieuws op je blogje hebt gezet.
    Snap je wat ik bedoel ????
    Bij mij blijft het oude bericht van jou staan ???
    Ik tikte zomaar ff op je blog en nu staat er nog steeds het oude berichtje ,Raar he !!!!
    Dit bericht kan je natuurlijk wissen ;))
    Ik wilde het alleen maar even zeggen !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline your chickens are SO ADORABLE! I really need to get myself one. I have yet to own one chicken. :) That doll is cute. Reminds me of me...always needing to be in the spotlight. LOL

    ReplyDelete