Saturday, March 7, 2009

Has it really been over two weeks...

Sometimes it is really hard to believe how time flies; I had some computer problems and not a lot of time on my hands otherwise, and before you know it, February has turned into March again...
This morning was really sunny and it made me long for this again:This picture was taken on the little square near my home, there are loads of these trees planted there, and in spring they all turn into candyfloss.It really always is the most amazing site. These pictures were taken at the end of March last year, so really it should not be long now. This winter has been quite miserable though, so it might all be happening a little later this year. I am glad the sun was shining this morning, as I do not mind the cold, but I cannot stand it being grey all the time.

I went to the most amazing exhibition of Richard Avedon's photographs in Amsterdam today. I love photography, but are not normally that taken by portrait photography, however, these were really amazing. I had intended to go to Paris in September last year to see this show, but simply could not afford it. I knew it would be coming to Amsterdam as well, and in a way I am glad I waited. It felt truly special to be able to go and see these wonderful pictures.
As I was in Amsterdam anyway, I walked around a bit and went to a grocery store that sells British stuff. If you are on a tight budget you really should not go there, but I could not resist, I got some English muffins and Cheddar there. They also sold some rhubarb and custard sweets and barley sugar, I simply had to give in. These things really help from time to time when I am feeling particulary homesick.

Last weekend I had a marvelous time. I went to a singing masterclass again, which I had not attended for years. It was amazing, and I thoroughly enjoyed being there again, it is truly fascinating to see the development of these young artist in the space of about 45 minutes.
Together with an old friend I went to a garden fair as well. I had not seen her for over a year, and it was just really fun to spend a day with her again. I always marvel at the character of some friendships, even if you do not see a lot of each other, when you meet up, you pick up right again where you left off last time. Anyway, I bought a lot of seeds and will start planting these in the next few weeks, I am really looking forward to that.
As I was there I saw a poster for a horse jumping event in a couple of weeks time. I used to love going to events like that, but again, have not done so for a long time. So, inspired as I was, I booked tickets for it then and there, so that is something else I am looking forward to.

As of today I am officially unemployed. I am not panicking yet though, as I have never been unemployed for very long. This also gives my an opportunity to do a bit more crafting and build some stock. My spring garland is coming along nicely and I will post some pictures of it soon.
Hope you will all have a lovely weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I love the beautiful pink blossoms! I want spring to come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline!

    You have been doing some fun things lately. The food you got at the British store made my mouth salivate. :) I'm sorry you are unemployed now....the economy isn't that good there either? Well, get crafting then and use your free time wisely!! I would actually love to have time off. :)

    So glad you like my new blog (Vintage SAge). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caroline!

    Welcome to blogland! Great pictures! I enjoyed looking around and reading some of your posts. I'll stop by again.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete