Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bits of inspiration...

Look at these cheerful little things, don't they make your heart just sing? They really cheer me up on a gloomy day like this, it has not stopped raining for one second yet. You must be getting bored with me harping on about the weather, but at this time of year I always start to hanker after sunshine and blossoms...

I have a little confession to make. Whenever I go to Amsterdam I simply have to stop by the American Bookstore there and the Waterstone's bookstore. Unfortunately it is never just stopping by that I do... One of my friends once asked me if I really needed all the books I buy, I did not have to think about the answer, yes, I do! These are the ones I bought at the last trip:The books by Sark are a particularly good find for me, I already have two of her books and find them really inspirational. They are very life affirming, and I love their message. I like their lay-out, a welcome difference to just plain text books. The other two books I wanted to get for a long time, this time round they were discounted by 70%, so it would have been rude not to buy them, LOL. I simply love reading all sorts of books, as there is always something new to learn, but I find that I do not really read a lot of fiction. Sometimes I wonder if there is anybody else out there who shares this addiction to the written word with me.

Despite the rain and gloom I am having quite a good day. I have done quite a lot of dusting ( I confess, not really my favourite hobby) and to reward myself after that I have been working on my spring garland. It is amazing how quickly the hearts stitch up, and I am not a fast stitcher. It is so much fun to be able to spend time on doing something creative, it always makes me feel very contented and at peace with the world (particularly after I have been doing housework)!
I made myself a very nice sandwich for lunch. I toasted some sourdough bread, I used not to like this, but these days find it really fab! As I had some nice ham left over, I mixed up some cottage cheese (another addiction of mine, I know, I am weird) with parsley and mustard powder, put some salad leaves on the bread, then added the ham and the cottage cheese mixture. Fantastic lunch, and all made with things that were just lurking in the fridge.

To finish this post I leave you with a picture of a glass cruet I found in the Goodwill store, it is glass and it is pink, so, as far as I am concerned, what is not to like.
These are the seeds I bought at the garden fair the other day and simply cannot wait to plant!
Wishing you all a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline,

    Sounds like you had a fabulous day! I love going to the bookstore and can spend hours and hours and buy many, many books that still sit on my shelves unread. Lol! Your find at the Goodwill is beautiful. They have The Goodwill in the Netherlands? I must try that sandwich. I never thought of using cottage cheese as a spread but definitely healthier than mayo! It also looks like you're ready for planting. I am so terrible with plants but maybe this spring I will try my hand at it again.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I stopped by from Michelle at Chocolate and Marmalade Tea. I like your blog. I was really getting into your post when I scrolled down to the picture of items on the window sill. What stopped me in my tracks was I looked out your window and saw two sets of cars on the same side of the street facing each other! Is that legal?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caroline,

    Thank you for your comment on my blog - those Spring daffs are such a pretty sight - we have them bursting into flower all over the garden right now - what a beautiful sight!

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  4. hoi hoi
    Leuk om een nederlandse tegen te komen in de U.S.A.
    Ik kwam je tegen bij Michelle, welkom in blogland.
    Het is zo verslavend dat bloggen, ik blog ook pas vanaf november 2008.
    Je blog ziet er al heeeeeeeeeel leuk uit:)))
    Ik wil je wel volgen in bloggie wereld, ik heb zelf een kat fun blog, het gaat over mijn kater Kareltje en een beetje over mezelf.
    Je bent welkom (@^.^@)

    ReplyDelete