Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Summer colours...





Normally I am a pastel colours kind of girl, I love pinks, soft greens and greyish blues. But in summer, I am sure it has to do with the quality of the light, I really feel drawn to the hot colours. Like these ones...
Just look at these cheery beauties. I had meant to eat out in the garden tonight, but just as I went outside, it started to rain again. So that was a bit of a disappointment. But... on the plus side, have a look at how incredibly vibrant these Zinnias look after a shower. I have always loved Zinnias, but have not always been able to find them in the nurseries I have been to. Which makes these ones extra special...
The little sunflowers are a fun story. Apparently a mouse stashed them in one of my little flowerpots for later and then forgot about them. So, they came up, incredibly cramped together and with not much room for a root system, but they have also decided to flower. Which makes me smile every time I see them.

Have a colourful evening!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline! I've just found you!
    Lovely flowers! They remind me of my childhood, unfortunately there are no more zinnias in my garden now.
    Greetings from Italy! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story about the mouse!! I have loads of orange in my garden this year too, and it looks lovely - its making up for the lack of sunshine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zinnias zijn prachtige snijbloemen. Ze staan heel erg lang! maar ook vlinders zijn er dol op!

    Groetjes Thea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sunshiney colours!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline, I just LOVE the colors...orange and yellow are so sunny, happy and bright. Very beautiful flowers. :)

    xoxo

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice of a little mouse to do some gardening for you. :-) See he made me smile too. Your flowers are beautiful.

    Thanks for your comment and thoughts about my mother and I. She sounded her old self today on Skype and is not even taking the pain medication she got after the operation yesterday. The cancer did spread to her lymph nodes unfortunately. She hears next week what the next step is. I am afraid it will probably be chemo since it did spread and I know she is dreading that. We have to wait and see.

    I also admit that I buy more and more books while I have a huge amount waiting to be read. I suppose we are both book junkies.

    Hugs en groetjes ~
    Heidi

    P.S. ~ Een goed weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!

    Those are lovely cheerful flowers. Just been ogling your raspberry lemonade as well, looks gorgeous!

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog at the moment, if you'd like to enter you're more than welcome, just leave a comment on the giveaway post :)

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete