Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thoughts of future projects...

This morning I received this book that I ordered from Bol.com ( the Dutch equivalent of Amazon). I simply could not resist it, I just love the look of the one with the red, white and blue border... I can not wait to start this project, it will just be so much fun, I love things that are made up of smaller parts, they seem to finish just that little bit quicker.
I have also decided on two other tops to knit, after my success with the first one.
I will have to pick my time to get the yarn though, as I have to go to Amsterdam for it. The next few weeks I will be working full time, and my weekends are pretty much booked, so I fear I will have to bide my time I am afraid. Patience is not my biggest virtue, but it can not be helped.
I am happy to be at least working again for a few weeks, all be it in my old job (long story) as a temp. My colleagues are over the moon, I just think it is funny!
The other thing I did this morning is have a walk around the fleamarket that is held in the middle of town every fortnight. I did not bring my camera, so unfortunately there are no pictures. There was a lot of dross, but there were two stalls that had quite nice utility crockery. I nearly succumbed to the temptation, but did not have enough money on me. Oh well, maybe next time...

Have a fun weekend and do not drown in the rain!

4 comments:

  1. Good news on the work front, even if it's something temporary.
    Lots of lovely prospective projects. I can see why you would like thepink top, the style is very 20's/Bloomsbury don't you think?
    Hope you are enjoying the weekend.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the money will come in handy!! You aare a very ambitious knitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Het regent pijpenstelen hier ;(
    Ik dacht dat t zomer was hihihihi....
    Ik hoop dat t morgen mooi weer is kunnen we toch nog iets leuks doen op de zondag :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame that you have to go into Amsterdam to get yarn. Is there no shops in your town? Or perhaps you live very close to the city. I love your new projects. I am sure you cannot wait to get some yarn and begin. I look forward to seeing them.

    Hugs en groetjes ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete