Sunday, November 15, 2009

Randomly...

Just a couple of things I absolutely love at the moment...


Is not this a truly evocative painting. Even though weirdly I do not like the colour orange that much, I find this one of the most lovely paintings I know at the moment. I love that period in time and this really sums it up for me.

I am always one of the last people to actually buy a best seller, and this again is a case in point. I had been looking at it for a while, but never actually picked it up. I was in Waterstone's the other day and was paying for two books I bought, when the girl behind the counter pointed out to me that I had actually bought two of the 3 for 2 books, and why did not I pick up a third one ( neat trick that). So I quickly scanned the other ones available, and thought, oh, why not! I am glad I did, as I am immensely enjoying it. It truly evokes the spirit of that time. This must me the most beautiful thing I have ever made ( and definitely the most expensive one!). I only have a couple of more row to knit on the collar and then it is done. I adore this... the colours, the yarn, I will feel sooooo special in this.

My secret addiction has been Strictly come dancing for a few years now. I started watching series 3 I think, and have watched them all since. I love it, I find I have to watch it takes two every day as well, as I just adore Claudia Winkleman. She is just mad.
This is my favourite couple this year, though I do not think we will see them again, poor Jade!



And last but not least... this time next week I will be in Paris!!! I am getting so excited about it, I can hardly sleep. I have never been there, so it will be magical I guess. I will take my camera, so hopefully I will be able to show you loads of pictures. Cannot wait!

Have a gorgeous week and do not get too stressed about Christmas yet ( less than 6 weeks to go, Yikes!)

4 comments:

  1. Please please please take me to Paris with you - I have withdrawell symptoms!! Thanks for pointing me in the direction of that book - noe added to my list. Your jumper looks great - but it does cost a frtune to knit these days. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik krijg zin in een city trip
    :-)

    Leuke post ik ben blij dat je weer aan het bloggen bent !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Strictly too, isn't it a fab way to spend an evening, watching all those dancers in stunning outfits.
    Love the new jumper, are you doing it in those colours?
    Have a fab-u-lous (as Craig from Strictly would say) time in Paris.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that book in my stack and hope to get to it soon in the new year. So you are not the last to read it...I am...lol. I got so behind on your blog and am catching up tonight.

    Hugs en groetjes ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete