Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Express...


First of all I would like to thank you all for your kind comments on my last slightly panicked post. I feel much better now, I have decided just to go with the flow, and enjoy what gets done and forget what does not get done. I managed to do a lot of baking and cooking in advance, the cards are all written, and the frost can set in as far as I am concerned. There are still a few nigly little things in the back of my mind, but I will not bother you with them.
A special thanks too to the lovely Heidi from All my scattering moments. If you have never seen her blog, just hop over, as it is really lovely, as is her other one, the Cranberry chronicle. Anyway, because I commented on one of her posts I won a couple of Christmas coasters she made, and they look really lovely. It turns out that she lives in my hometown, so maybe one day next year we will meet up.
Every year there is a small Christmas Fair in the hall of the train station in our town. My mother and I go and have a look every year, there never is a lot of crafty things unfortunately, but it has a nice atmosphere and for us it is one of our Christmas rituals.
Besides, I love the Christmas lights in our station, there is something magical about it, it makes you even forget that this is one of the filthiest trainstations you have ever seen (truly)...
Afterward we went to the florist near us, as she always has a nice selection of wreaths and boughs. I love the fact that everything starts to look really festive now...

Wishing you all a peaceful week before Christmas...

3 comments:

  1. Fijn om te lezen dat het beter met je gaat :-)
    Het ziet er gezellig bij jullie.
    Ik heb de boom nog niet opstaan.
    Ik doe het in het weekend :-)
    Tijd zat hihihi....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy a good Christmas craft fair! The lights look vey pretty and twinkly.
    Going wit the flow sounds like a good plan.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I have lived here for 16 years and never knew they held a Christmas fair at the train station. The things you learn through blogging. And I have the answer to my question...you got the coasters. I am glad you like them. It is hard not to feel the Christmas spirit with this snow. :-)

    Hugs en groetjes ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete