Saturday, January 16, 2010

A bit of cheer...


I don not know about you, but I like winter up untill just around Christmas time, after that I get terribly sad and bored with it. Usually I am not one of the most happy people in January and February. This year I decided to do some thing about it, and just before Christmas I booked myself another trip to Paris mid February.
IThis means that I keep waking up every morning with a happy thought, it is really like looking forward to your birthday when you were a child. This morning the train tickets came through the post. now it is real and even more exciting. So, I got on the site of my trusted bookshop and ordered myself a few very interesting guidebooks. There is just so much to discover and see!
As I was in need of a quickie project and am quite obsessed with crochet at the moment, I was so glad to come across this in the Attic 24 blog. If you have not seen this blog before and like crochet and colour, really go over and have a look, there is so much fun to be had there.
My mother always feels the loss of the Christmas tree very much every year, so I decided to make her two of these. This was the first one ever, so there are a few things I will do slightly better with the second one, but I am sure you will get the idea. I can not wait till the bulbs will be in flower, I really love this idea as it is simple and colourful.
This year I thought I would start to list 3 things I have been grateful for that day every day, just for myself. But I am not disciplined enough to do this every day. But, as I was reading Diane's blog Heartshaped, (another lovely read), I came across this tag. Basically you are meant to list 10 things you love that are free. This is a great idea, both to cheer me yourself up and to get to know each other better. So, here are mine. If any of you would like to pick up this tag, please do, I am looking forward to your entries.
1. I love the scents and the feel of autumn. It is both the abundance in colour and produce as well as the sense that everything is winding down and the tranquillity.
2. I love watching snow flakes tumbling out of the sky, they make everything so pretty, and I think that snowmen are my favourite things on earth.
3. I love watching children discover the world, to them everything is new and to be discovered, it is that sense of wonder about the world that I find extremely touching.
4. I love discovering a book in my to-read pile that I had quite forgotten about, but that is so lovely that it stays with me for a while.
5. Connected to this I love re-reading childhood favourites, as they make me realise that you should never lose that sense of joy of discovering the world.
6. I love colour.
7. Pottering about in the garden is one of my joys, it is so lovely to watch things grow and develop.
8. Waking up in the morning and realising that you can spend an entire day reading, gardening, knitting, whatever it is that takes your fancy, must be one of the best treats from time to time.
9. Creating a lovely meal out of things that you find lurking in the fridge.
10. Reading and enjoying blogs, I have said it before and will say it again, what an inspirational lot you are!

Have a fab weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hallo Caroline
    Ik ben ook blij als het voorjaar is.
    De winter duurt voor mij te lang :(
    Terwijl hij net begonnen is hihihi....

    Fijn weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline, So glad you picked up the tag - I love to know more about my fellow bloggers. I am always amazed that we all love very similar things. During the recent heavy snow, the young man and I decided to stick out our tongues to catch snow flakes on the end of 'em. Highly entertaining!! Soooo envious about your return trip to Paris - I am planning another!! If you get chance, Versaille is well worth a visit. You can catch a train from near the Arc de Triomphe and it only takes about 20 mins to Versaille.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh another trip to Paris to look forward to very exciting!
    Love the crochet cover, it looks really good.
    Thank you so much for leaving the message about us losing Tilly, it is certainly an emotional time round here just now and it means a lot to receive such kind words.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caroline.
    I found a top in my chest of drawers today which I'm not going to wear and I wondered whether you would like it. It is a crochet type top in beige and has a bit of a Bloomsbury look about it, well I think so! I am a size 14 and it fits me ok. I can send a photo if you would like to see it.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete