Thursday, January 7, 2010

I like the ring of it...

Am I the only one who is getting more excited about the year 2010 than the year 2000? I always have a surge of optimism at the beginning of the new year, but somehow this time it feels even more true. I also just like the ring of the decade, it somehow has a better feel about it than the noughties. Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but then again, a bit of hope and optimism never did do anyone any harm.
I never make New Year's resolutions, but always think of a few things that I am going to do differently, and inevitably I change those within 5 minutes again. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow. One of the things I decided is not to buy anymore magazines before I had read, sorted through, passed on the stacks that are lying around all over the house. But then... I saw this, and immediately all sort of projects sprang to mind.
I just love Margaret Sherry's cross stitch designs, they are always so much fun. And even though I am a very slow cross stitcher I always feel drawn to it. I am really looking forward to embellish a few aprons and tea towels with these.
The other day I was sorting through my stash of yarn and inspired by a free tutorial on the royal sisters blog, I decided to make a blanket or a throw. I like working with wool and love knitting and crocheting most of all. I tried to work out how many of these little stars I would need to make them into a decent size blanket, but that gave me a headache, so I will just see how I go.
I also decided not to buy any books as my to-read pile is getting ridiculous, but then could not resist getting these...
It also ties in nicely with my aim to use up my wool stash. Hey, I can sell these ideas to my self... The first one I will make is this one I decided, is not it fun?...
And, my last project so far...
I had loads of wool left over from the jumper I knitted a couple of months ago. This is the most wonderful yarn, and a couple of years ago I had bought a few skeins of it without really having a particular plan about what to do with it. Turns out that I can perfectly marry them up with my left overs, so I started knitting a scarf. I love the total different feel just the substitution of a few colours gives...

OK, off to do some cooking. Stay safe and warm!!!

4 comments:

  1. Je houdt ook van breien
    ik dacht al dat ik een van de weinige was :-)
    Ja en van het jaar 2010
    het is toch wel snel gegaan van 2000 tot nu
    ik vind het geen prettig gevoel
    (we worden te snel oud hihihi....)
    Geniet van de avond
    groetjes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 is my lucky number so I am very excited for this year. Love the new book border by the way. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely projects to keep you busy.The colours in the scarf so just gorgeous and I love the Christmas patchwork underneath too!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are sure working on some lovely projects! Can't wait to see the finished goods :)

    ReplyDelete