Saturday, January 30, 2010

Been there, done that...



I woke up in the middle of the night, had a quick glance out of the window, saw that the sky had a very strange look to it, but just turned over and fell asleep again. In the morning I found out why the sky had looked like that...
At first I very much felt like this...
But then decided that a) I should knit those mittens and scarf, and b) that it was infinitely preferable to the rain that had been falling all day yesterday, so much more pretty...
Particularly when the sun came out...
Maybe I do like January after all, I do love the calendar page for January...
And as I was taking pictures anyway, a little kitchen still life that I suddenly noticed...
After all this frolicking about I ended up in the attic. There really is a lot of dusting to do, but what are days like this for other than crafting, so I spent the rest of the day here...

Have a lot of snowy fun!

4 comments:

  1. Where is it all coming from? I'm hoping that we get a hot summer to compensate. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I just popped across form Diane's blog and I'm glad I did.
    I'm with you the snow is much prettier than the rain and perfect for taking photo's. I do love the random still life photo.

    Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow looks like bundles of fluffy cotton wool!
    I like that calendar picture too, so snowy and jolly.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was such a pretty weekend! We had plans to go to Cranberry Cottage but it was too slippery to drive up north so we spent our weekend enjoying the snow by the woodstove. I did lots of stitching so it was pure bliss. What a winter we have had!

    I will send you an email soon but am really excited now that we set a date to get together.

    Hugs en groetjes ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete