Sunday, January 10, 2010

White...


This is a post for all my readers in Britain and elsewhere who are suffering from the unusual snowfall. I still think it is very pretty and magical, but that is the child in me speaking.
I was talking to a friend who lives in a village in West Sussex this morning, and she was telling me that it was very hard for her to get out of the house. The village shop has run out of a lot of things, notably bread and milk... There is no real saying when new supplies will come in, as nobody knows what the weather is going to do.
It made me think about how little we can do and know really, even though sometimes we think that everything is in our power. One little blip of nature, and we are powerless. It also made me worry about her cups of tea now, what would they be like without milk ( quite essential to her and indeed to me). Hence the cuppa at the top of my post! Hope that you are still all alright and that you can at least still make a nice brew!
I was meant to go to a concert in Amsterdam yesterday, but did not venture out because of the forecasts, which was a slight nuisance, but on the whole I am still enjoying this weather. It has been so long since I have seen it like this.
There are still loads of little pleasures to be had though, I trawled through some blogs and have picked up some ideas for a few quick project, more about those later, what an inspirational lot you all are.
A friend lent me this DVD as she knows I like Colin Firth and will watch anything featuring him...
I watched it last night and absolutely loved it. It is just one of those sweet, funny and totally impossible things I like to watch. If you are in need of a quick pick-me-up, watch it. It is a children's movie, but as such really lovely!

I can not say it often enough, keep safe and warm!

4 comments:

  1. We may fall out - Colin is mine. I am loving the snow apart from worrying when the kids have to go out, not knowing if they will struggle getting back. My daughter feels as if she is under house arrest!! I am prepared to survive 3 nuclear wars with my stocks of food and long life milk!!! I was never a girl guide - I should have been as I am always prepared!!! xxxxxxxx
    PS - Go on then, as you are a mate, i'll share Colin with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Nanny McPhee wonderful. There's a new one due out at Easter!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ja vanachter de ramen ziet het er allemaal geweldig uit!
    Maar als je ingesneeuwd zou raken! Ik moet er niet aan denken!

    Ik heb geluk hoef zelfs niet te werken,en dan is het allemaal half zo erg.
    En bij ons ligt ook niet zoveel sneeuw. Bij jullie wel?
    Groetjes Thea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am still a child at heart and love the snow too. I do know it is hard for people to get out. I just talked to one of my quilt ladies and she is finishing her UFOs from our previous quilt themes while she is unable to get out. So that is a silver lining to the snow. I am sorry that your friend is having trouble getting basics. I grew up in a place where you were always prepared for times when you could not get out. I notice that I stay prepared even though I don't really need to. And I too love milk in my tea. I love the English breakfast tea extra strong.

    Nanny McPhee was on television not long ago and I watched it. It was a really fun movie.

    I am looking forward to hearing about your coming projects...

    Hugs en groetjes ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete