Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Green is the new black...

Or so the word is out on the streets by the looks of it. If even one of my favourite statues is wearing it, it must be true...
On my last visit to Paris I went to the Rodin Museum and somehow was totally overawed by Rodin's statue of Balzac. So, this time round I had to go to the Balzac museum, which is in one of the houses he used to live in in Paris. And look what the museum is wearing...
This is a truly gorgeous spot by the way, the little garden must be lovely in summer, even now there were people sitting round here, just enjoying the sun.
I love the special hue of green that you see a lot around the city. Whether it is on the Musee de la vie Romantique...
Which by the way is in the former home of a Dutch painter that I had never heard of, or on the innards of the very special Grand Palais...
And look at what offsets these marvelous floral displays...
Do not you just want to sit down here and enjoy the sun in the Jardin de Luxembourg...
I definitely got some inspiration on the colours I want to wear this spring, pink ( think pink) by all means, but this kind of green is a must as well, there are so many signs, I can not ignore it.
It is just these guys that are still bucking the trend, but with a bit of peer pressure that should sort itself out...
Enjoy the rest of your week!

4 comments:

  1. Prachtige foto's
    mijn complimenten :-)

    groetjes Kareltje & Anya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such lovely spring shades of green.
    I love those watering cans.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful atmospheric photos. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parijs...........is en blijft geweldig,Caroline !!

    Enne......al een beetje lente bij jullie??

    Fijn weekend, groetjes Thea

    ReplyDelete