Monday, February 22, 2010

Reflections...

Sometimes I really like the way photos turn out, whether intentionally so, or just by chance. They can either completely portray a certain mood or feeling, or at times there is an added effect in them that makes them special.

Like this one I took at the Gallerie Vero Dodat. You can almost sense the faded glory and the feeling of loss of a certain time, yet it is still beautiful, and I love the face that you seen the other side of the gallerie reflected in the windows.
Or there is this surprise, I took this in the Rue Fleurus, because there really was a lovely courtyard inside the gates. You do not see much of it this way, but you see the rest of the road, somehow it makes the photo very three dimensional.
This is possibly my favourite, it would be, as I took it in the Musee Zadkine. I looooooove Zadkine, this made me realise how much again. Maybe this way you do not see a whole lot of the sculptures, but you can see a bit of the house he lived in and the gorgeous weather! I was very lucky there... I love the effect of having being able to see the outside and the inside of things at the same time this way, I think it is magic!
Have a great week and hope for some sun!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed my little trip around Paris before going to work this morning!! Thanks for taking me. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that top photo!
    I hope your visit this time was just as wonderful as the last.
    No problem about the top by the way, I took it to the charity shop yesterday!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben jij Caroline Rovers uit Eindhoven?
    Ik ben Yvonne Engels, we zaten samen in het Eindhovens Jongeren Ensemble en zijn vaak samen op vakantie geweest in Hohenems
    Mail me eens hoe het met je gaat?
    cellovaria@planet.nl is mijn adres

    ReplyDelete