Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!


Hope that you are all enjoying a nice and relaxing family day and will not eat too much chocolate. Though I am not making a lot of promises on that account...

Here are pictures of some of our indoor and outdoor decorations we have done.
The basket with the hyacinths has a funny story to tell. Originally I put in some decorated blown eggs my brother and I did when we were children, many moons ago. Unfortunately a couple of magpies took offence at those and stole most of them. Something my mother regrets a lot. Anyway, I have replaced them with some broken egg shells, a bit more boring, but so far they have left the basket alone.

We had a freak thunderstorm last night, but the weather now seems to perk up a bit. By the way, these must be amongst my favourite flowers in the world.

And like with Christmas, there is always eating involved with Easter as well. The table cloth, though nothing special in itself has a lot of sentimental value. We now only use it at Easter for its yellowness (if there is such a word), but it is the table cloth my grandfather always put on the table when we came for lunch. So to us it is very special, days like this need some family stories as well I always feel.
Now I am going to enjoy my brunch...again, these plates only come out to play at Easter, I think they are very pretty.

Enjoy a nice family day!

3 comments:

  1. Ik hoop dat het lekker was !!!!
    Sjieke borden, hoor !!

    Die schaal met kipjes heb ik ook, al zijn m'n kipjes wel gesneuveld intussen !!!

    Fijne avond !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mooi hoor die paasdecoratie. Ik heb er nog geen gezet, ik vind ons appartementje veel te klein :(

    En de Haed gaat vooruit hoor, heb al ongeveer 1200 steken, maar er is nog niets verschenen. Op dit moment zijn de kleuren zwart en zwart-rood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat heb je leuke paasversiering !!!
    Mooi gedekte paastafel , ziet er allemaal lekker uit yummieeeeeeeeeeee :))

    ReplyDelete