Saturday, April 11, 2009

Stella has got her grove back...

Well alright, strictly speaking my name is not Stella, but it does feel a bit like that. I never quite know whether it has to do with the winter blues, or whether at times I just get miserable, but it feels like whenever the weather perks up, I do too. I am suddenly full of brim and vigour, and defenitely full of the joys of spring.
I feel like I really want to do things again and that I am actually really enjoying them. Other than just going through the motions...

Anyway, enough of that, I realise that it has been a long time since my last post, but apparently I needed that time, from now on I will at least try and post more regularly. I love reading other people's post and find them very often inspiring, which has prompted me to become part of this community in the first place. One thing I particularly want to mention is that I received an award from Anya at Kareltje en ikke. I really was quite touched by that, as it felt particularly welcoming. After having given it some thought I decided not to post it here though, for the simple reason that you are meant to send the award on to ten more people. Not that I do not want to do that, but I feel that I am so new to this that I simply do not know enough people yet. However... I want to thank Anya for her kind gesture, and urge you all to go and visit her blog, you will like it, particularly if you love cats as much as she does.

The other week I went to two of the most inspiring art shows I have been to for a long time. One was about Man Ray, not just is photography, but his whole output as an artist as it were, the other one was about artist couples, they were both lovely. I felt really energized when I came out of the exhibitions, which is always a sure sign that it has been good I have been in.
A couple of days ago I went to the Keukenhof, because I have never been this early in the year. It is always lovely to go, but completely different if you go this early.
The main colour scheme now is yellow and white.
However, some different colours are starting to seep through.
And look at these beauties...
And again, the art pieces seem to be particularly inspired this year...
Have a lovely Easter weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Hey
    Wat leuk dat je er weer bent.
    Ik heb je gemist in bloggiewereld.
    En gelijk met zo'n supermooie bloemen post. enig :)))
    Ik hoop dat alles goed met je is .
    Ik zag je nieuwe post omdat ik rechts op mijn blog de foto's heb staan van de blogs die ik volg :)))
    Ik wens je hele fijne paasdagen :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Caroline, via Anya en Kareltje kom ik even bij je binnen vallen. Leuke blog heb je!!
    Ik heb nog wel niet alles gelezen, maar daar kom ik wel voor terug.

    Ik wens je gezellige Paasdagen !!

    groetjes Thea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intussen ben ik even verder gaan kijken, op jou blog.Ik kom veel dingen tegen die mij ook veel plezier doen.Zoals handwerken, bloemen en planten en ook boeken. We hebben nogal wat gezamelijke interesses, als ik het zo zie.
    Ik vind het ook leuk om te snuffelen op rommelmarkten en in kringloopwinkels ! Om dan met de daar gevonden aanwinsten,iets leuks te maken.Of te decoreren !!
    groetjes,Thea

    ReplyDelete