Monday, April 13, 2009

Productive weekend...


Last weekend my mother took down a completely rampant wild Clematis down from the wall. It was rather lovely when it bloomed, with small pink flowers, but truly wild and getting way to big for its boots. Anyway, it is sprouting from the roots again, so it did not suffer too much after all.
But...that left me with loads of lovely material, and we have spent the weekend weaving wreaths, with no twine needed. I have lots of lovely ideas for these, so I am sure they will in some way or other feature in this blog again. I love doing things like this, to me it is relaxing and oddly therapeutic in some way.

Here is one we made earlier, at least 8 years ago, those are sheep by the way, for those of you who were wondering.

My other indulgence this weekend was a Cadbury's Creme egg. In a convoluted way it is a good thing I am not living in Britain anymore. I adore these and could eat loads! Here they are really hard to come by, I have to go to Amsterdam or The Hague to get hold of one, and they are expensive. This means that I only get one, which makes them much more of a treat though.Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Ik neem aan dat het om een Clematis Montana gaat ???
    Ik heb vaak kransjes gemaakt van hop. Ook van de Akebia kun je mooie maken, en dat hout ziet er iets mooier uit van kleur. Ook blijft het veel langer mooi !!

    Ik heb je gelinkt op mijn Vut-blog......omdat je toch het meest over tuinieren schrijft. Maar we kunnen altijd nog zien !!
    En jij kunt er een plaatsen waar jij dat wilt....no problem !!!!

    groetjes,Thea

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love the natural material of wreaths like this! Hope you had a great weekend and Easter, Caroline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey leuk idee van die clematis, ga ik ook namaken hihihi.......
    Ik heb al vaker kransjes gemaakt maar deze vind ik wel erg leuk :)))
    Bedankt voor de tip !!!!

    ReplyDelete