Monday, April 27, 2009

Loads of lovely tulips and an award...



A few years ago I had this real urge to go to the Keukenhof, I had been there as a child, but never since. I do not know why I so much wanted to go, as a negative voice in my head just kept saying that all it is is a tourist trap, but I could not get it out of my head.
Then three years ago I did finally manage to get there, and was blown away. Do you know moments in life that you just feel so elated and at peace that you simply do not know what to do with yourself? I had one there at that moment, I remember calling a friend and just gushing about it, he could not really understand what all the excitement was about, but there you go. It simply is such a beautiful park!
Anyway, since then it has become a tradition that my mother and I go there every year, it is always different. Last year we went there with my mother's friend from Little Rock, Arkansas, who came to visit us for two weeks. And this year I actually managed to go twice... Once on my own, a couple of weeks ago, as I never had been that early in the year, and last Friday, with my mother and one of her neighbours. It is one of these places that gets very crowded, in fact I have never seen it as busy as on Friday, but somehow you never feel it is crowded. Everyone is enjoying their day and really stunned by the displays. It truly is one of my favourite places in the country.

There are always loads of sculptures dotted throughout the park, they are different ones every year, and they are on sale. If I could have afforded it, I would have bought this one I think, as there is a robin on top.

I was simply blown away by this colour combination, isn't it stunning?

A fun picture, reflected in the window from left to right you can see my mother, the neighbour and me...

Some impressions of the park.

Before I go... I am thrilled to have received this sweet award.
It was given to me by Michelle from Chocolate and Marmalade tea. Please go over and have a look at her blog. She has such a zest for life and is just such a lovely, inspirational and positive person. Plus, she is possibly even more addicted to magazines than I am! ( it is a close call though!)
I am really touched by the fact that she nominated me, so, thanks Michelle.

These are the rules to go with the award:
1 The winner may put the logo on their blog
2 Put a link to the person who sent you the award
3 Nominate 10 blogs
4 Put links to their blogs
5 Leave a comment for each nominee

As I am still relatively new to the blogging world and not terribly good at networking I felt at first I did not know 10 people who I could nominate. But then... there are so many blogs I love to read and that give me such a lot of pleasure and inspiration that I just had to mention a few of them. Some of these bloggers do not accept awards, but I like them so much that I still will award them, because I think other people will enjoy them too. For me this is also a great way of getting to know blogs you have not looked at before. So here they are:
1 The vintage sage
2 Kareltje en ikke
3 The thriftshop romantic
4 Nostalgia at the stone house
5 Country in the town
6 Cowboys and Custard
7 Vintage to Victorian
8 Molly Cupcakes
9 Celebrate the seasons
10 The farm chicks

In the meantime, the sun has come through again, have a gorgeous relaxed evening all!

5 comments:

  1. Hele leuke blog over de keukenhof :))

    Bedankt voor de award :))

    Gisteren kreeg ik de Sexy award
    van een blogvriendin uit Indonesie,
    ik dacht al wat moet ik daar mee hahaha.....
    Ik moest 5 dingen vertellen op mijn blog wat ik sexy aan mezelf vond
    ( nou zeg dat doe ik niet, dat snap je toch wel)
    Ze is pas 20 jaar dus die vinden dat wel leuk.

    http://littletiara.blogspot.com/

    Je kunt misschien beter zelf op haar blog kijken en lezen wat ik moest doen hihihi..

    Ik wil de award graag aannemen maar ik geef hem niet verder, ik heb de laatste tijd veel te vaak awards uitgegeven...teveel is niet meer leuk.
    En als ik die van jou uitdeel moet ik ook die Sexy uitdelen hihihi....
    Maar ik vind het leuk en ik zet hem ook op mijn blog.
    Het is al een wonder dat Michelle ze uitgeeft normaal zegt ze , alweer een award en wie hem hebben wil pakt hem maar snappieeeee.....

    Maar toch hartelijk bedankt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the award, it is very sweet of you.
    I love the Netherlands and used to holiday there as a child, it holds lots of happy memories for me.
    And tulips are one of my favourite flowers.
    Thanks again.
    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,
    Is such a sweet heart, we can see why she gave you the award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline, you deserve it! I love coming by your blog to visit. Oh and these tulips are AMAZINGLY beautiful. We just had the Tulip Festival here in Oregon but unfortunately I couldn't make it. :( That park is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful photographs - I would love to see the tulip fields in Holland.

    ReplyDelete