Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Every time it rains, it rains...





It made me giggle as I read a few posts of fellow bloggers today... it seems that at the moment it is raining everywhere all over the world. Made me wonder whether there is just one template for the weather each day where ever you live... not true of course, but it did make me think. I know we need rain, it makes this country a very green and pleasant one, and we certainly needed some now, but somehow at this time of the year the sun seems so much more pleasant. So I thought I would give you some nice sunny pictures.
I know I am way too late, but I was reading a post on Chocolate and marmalade tea about an award Michelle received: Attitude of gratitude. She asked everyone to think about their attitude of gratitude.
This is why I enjoy blogging and reading blogs a lot, it inspires you and makes you see how other people live, what is important to them and ultimately that leads to a better understanding ( I think) of people all over the world.
I am very grateful for the fact that I have a roof over my head, which in these uncertain times is not always a given. I am glad I was born in a part of the world where there is no war, and violent incidents are few and far between. I am very grateful for my family, they have allowed me to become who I am. I am thankful for the fact that my parents brought me up with a make do and mend attitude. This fuelled and still fuels my creativity on all levels and makes the current crisis not as daunting as it seemingly is to a lot of people all around me.
I am very grateful for the fact that I have ( both by nature and nurture) a very positive attitude to live. As one of my colleagues in Britain once said to me " Weebles wobble, but they do not fall over". ( not entirely sure that she was not referring to my shape, but hey...) Somehow I made that my motto in live and always bounce back smiling.
Last but not least I am grateful for my friends, as they stimulate and inspire me. I count my blogging friends as well, through them I encounter new aspects of life, new interests and new things. This way you all keep me on my toes and I love you for it.

Enjoy a lovely cup of coffee this evening in the sun!

4 comments:

  1. Oh great post, Caroline!! Great reasons to have an attitude of gratitude too! I'm glad you listed them because it cheered me up this morning and I needed that. :) I'm still going to make cookies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline, Thanks for the sunshine!! I think we should all stop and count our blessings more. Great post. My Aunt and Uncle moved to Holland over 30 years ago, they are coming to stay with me soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've been to about five blogs in the last hour that all mentioned it raining today. How funny. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, because it's not raining here in Northern Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo
    Leuke post als altijd :))
    Het regent hier pijpenstelen,
    t lijkt wel herfst :(

    ReplyDelete