Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Summer storms...

The last couple of days we had such incredibly strong winds, the poor trees in the garden behind us are loosing a lot of leaves, it seems like autumn. It has been sunny though and out of the wind not at all bad temperature wise.
The flowers in our garden seem to cling on for dear life, but they are doing well.
These poppies are, even though they come out yellow in the photograph, bright orange and really cheery.
I love these pelargoniums, we have several different ones in the garden, there is a pretty blue one as well, but at the moment that only has got one flower.

This morning we went to a nursery not too far from here. I like nurseries, they are always full of new and exciting things. This one has spectacular shrubs and trees, and loads of different perennuals. Nowhere to have a coffee though, which is a pity as that really seems to be missing. Anyway, we just wanted to have a look around and where not going to buy a lot...
So much for that then, I spent the rest of the afternoon potting everything up in this...
I love this, it really appeals to my sense of the slightly surreal. It is a compressed potting compost, made from coconut shells. This makes it sustainable, I am really not in favour of peat. Anyway, this is sold in tiny packages, you just unfold the bag, pour 3 litres of water onto the "cake" and hey presto... 10 litres of potting compost is yours to play with. It is completely magic, no more lugging heavy bags...
So, after a very pleasant afternoons work, this is what it looks like. We are now the proud owners of 8 varieties of mint (nothing beats a good cup of mint tea) and still counting.
The blue pots were painted by my mother, she is clever like that. I planted the blue phloxes in them which are incredibly pretty and have a lovely scent too.
You can not see them very well in this picture, but here are two different phloxes, one is a pretty pink and white striped variety, called candy stripe, and the other one has very lovely white flowers.
I have still have not heard anything about the job interview I did last Wednesday, and am slightly worried now. I guess this means that I did not get it, I will phone the agency tomorrow morning to find out what is going on.

Have a gorgeous evening all!

No comments:

Post a Comment