Saturday, May 30, 2009

Not a mouse in sight...




Occasionnely I get slightly stir crazy, so I went to Amsterdam this morning. One of the reasons being that I wanted to buy a few books, but mainly because I love that city. There is always a part I have never seen before, and I like to revisit "old friends" as it were as well.

I love walking along the canals, they always breath an air of tranquility, even though we are well into tourist season now...
Most of the houses along the canals have beautiful gardens, this is the one behind the house of Marseille, which is a photographic museum...

My visit also included a place I had never been to before, it is in one of the beautiful canalhouses and is called " Het katten cabinet". This means it is a cat museum, it is a collections of all sorts of things depicting cats. These things were accumulated by an American who used to own the house and who used to have a cat called JP Morgan. Both he and the cat are dead, but the house is kept open to visitors and there are 4 new cats now. These are not perturbed by all the strangers who march through the house at all, and who want to stroke them all the time, in fact they seem rather bored by it all.
I will leave you with pictures of some of the art works displayed in the house, if ever you are in Amsterdam and you like cats, go there, you will definitely like it...
Enjoy a splendid weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Bedankt voor de tip :)
    Ik had er wel al eens van gehoord
    maar ik ben er nog nooit geweest ;)
    Ik ga er van de zomer zeker naar toe.
    Ik laat t je wel weten en dan kun je bij mij foto's kijken :)
    Jou foto's zien er heeeeeel leuk uit.
    ( Ik ben laat omdat ik de laatste tijd internet problemen heb, de ene keer kan ik wel op internet en dan weer niet,frustrerend :(

    Fijn pinsterweekend ^___^

    ReplyDelete